Monday, July 13, 2015

Creating with clay, new friends and new fun

I recently signed on for another term on the Creative Paperclay® Design Team!  The new term runs from August through January, and I've been very busy working on new projects for the blog.  I've been reflecting on the last six months as a team member - I've enjoyed it, and was excited every month to come up with a new project and share it.   I'd like to think some people have tried the projects and techniques, or at the very least, were inspired in their craft and art work.  The blog is a wonderful resource for both those new to clay and experienced users.

One of the best things that has come from working on the team is "meeting" the other members.  No, unfortunately, I haven't been able to meet them in person, but I feel I've gotten to know them a bit and have really enjoyed seeing their posts and chatting with them about using clay.  One of the members started a Facebook group: Creative Paperclay® Q&A so if you're on Facebook and have a question about Creative Paperclay® products, that's a great place to ask.

Another big bonus of my time on the team is that I have gone beyond my comfort zone with my usual clay (and I still love, love, love it!) and have become more familiar with the company's other product, Delight™ Air Dry modeling compound.  I've had so much fun trying to come up with different ways to use these two materials, and learning so much along the way!

I also realized, in signing the new contract, that I think I have been remiss in posting my projects here with links - So, here are the projects I've created for the Design Team - I hope you enjoy them! Complete instructions & patterns are on the Creative Paperclay® blog, so I've added the links directly to the project.  I'm looking forward to sharing more projects and soaking up knowledge from the wonderfully creative people on the team.

January Project - Inspiration Mobile
How-to




January Tip - "DO Try This at Home!"
keeping track of ideas and experiments - see tip

  
February Project - Conversation Hearts
photo holder  How-to


February Tip - Saving Clay
see tip













March Project - Crayon Art Jewelry
How-to















March Tip - Building a Mold Collection
see tip













April Project - Garden Gear Upcycle Hanger
How-to













April Tip - Free Craft Supplies
see tip












May Project - Fairy Lanterns
How-to

















May tip - Work boards & Drying Panels
see tip












June Project - Mermaid Balance Toy
How-to





















June tip - Make Your Own Tools
see tip












and now I've caught up with my first six months on the Design Team, and I'm all "fired up" for the next six and beyond!





No comments:

Post a Comment