Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Inspiration in the Springtime

Although the mornings are still cold here, I am always anxious to get outside now that Spring has arrived.  Time to take the camera on every walk and get flower pictures, time to work on the garden, and time to hang out the hummingbird feeders!

My garden-inspired project for the Creative Paperclay® Design Team this month is an upcycled door hanger -




















If you'd like to make your own, please visit the Creative Paperclay® blog for directions

Last month my design team tip was about building your mold collection - for this project I used some of my own molds, made with Amazing Mold Putty, and my own handmade cookie cutters.  Here is a closer look at those items - the molds were made from jewelry.























One of the fun things I discovered about Delight™ air dry modeling compound is that it can be cut and trimmed with scissors both in the semi-wet and dry stages.  For the flowers you see in the foreground, I stamped my flower mold into the clay, then let the clay dry.  From that point, I could paint the flowers and cut them out, or leave them white.  (I didn't end up using these in the project, but am saving them for another time!)   The "Season's Greetings" pin poinsettia flowers, created from the mold above, were also trimmed after they dried, to change the petal shapes a bit and make them look less like poinsettias, and to change the size of some of the flowers.

I'm still having a lot of fun learning about how to use Delight™  I hope you are having a fun and flowery Spring too!

No comments:

Post a Comment