Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Little Treasures

A new store called "Seeking Chameleon" opened in White Rock recently, carrying what the owner describes as "old, dirty, rusted, lovely, fabulous & wonderful" vintage items, beads, & fabric.  Though I only had a chance to stop in briefly, I'm sure I will be visiting again.  I couldn't resist the "treasure table" and picked up a bag full of...well, basically, I guess it is what some people would call junk.  To me, the items are little sources of inspiration for projects, objects to be molded and cast with clay, possibly added into up-cycling projects, etc.  They fit in perfectly with my design team tip for the month of March, which I had just posted shortly before visiting the shop.  Here are my little treasures

I've already used some of them, in combination with PenScore foam, to make stamps when doing art lessons with my grandson!

Here is the link for my design team tip on the Creative Paperclay® blog showing some of the materials I use for mold making.  http://creativepaperclay.blogspot.com/2015/03/building-up-mold-collection-toris-tip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment