Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Body Parts and Bunny Slippers...Quarter Scale Witch House 4, sort of

I know it has been a really long time since I updated what I intended to be a series on creating the quarter scale witch house. My next update on it was going to be on the lighting.  I was excited to work on the lighting....

I sketched out a plan of all the lights I wanted to include

As you can see, it is a lot of lights - all of the ones that have "spec" written by them mean specialty LEDs, either because of color or properties such as color changing or flickering.  You can also see that I intended to put one in and/or shining on the closet because I had decided she should have a skeleton in her closet.  Yeah, it's been done plenty of times, but I think the witch house needs one.

All well and good - except, then I needed to figure out what he was going to be doing in the closet.  Hmmm.  I think maybe holding on to the string or pull chain on a closet lamp might be fun, but am I going to be able to do it?  How bright should the closet light be?  Should I have an additional hidden light shining from the front onto the skeleton?  I don't know, and that's how the delay begins.

First I made a mock-up of the skeleton and the closet.  Looks cute, but here again I am questioning whether or not I can make a quarter-scale skeleton that I am satisfied with.  That's what I've been working on, and I've already gone through a few variations.  At this point, I think that yes, I will be able to complete him, and have had some fun inventing new ways to make skeleton parts in this scale.

I also started thinking about what else might be in that closet.  Obviously, by my way of thinking, if I'm going to put a light in there, I should put a few other things in the closet too.  I do know that witches keep bunny slippers in their closet or under the bed (it's a fact!) so, guess I should work on some tiny fuzzy bunny slippers too.  Maybe she even keeps an extra pair of slippers of the killer rabbit variety in her closet as well, plus tall hat boxes, extra striped stockings, etc.

So that's where I'm at, friends, and I don't have the slightest idea of how long it's going to take me to finish/get back to this project.  I am still working on coming up with quarter scale workshop plans too, and those also got changed as I went along.  I'm really excited about some inventions I've come up with there, that will allow the "kit" to be used over and over again to make different variations on the houses.  Can't wait to tell you about it, but it needs some perfecting first.

The mock-up closet and flat skeleton, the "real" skeleton in the works (came up with a new way to sculpt the pelvis!), various bones laying around and in different stages, and, the basics of the fuzzy bunny slippers

Now the question is....should the bunny slippers be in the closet or under the bed? and should the skeleton be wearing them?  Feel free to let me know where you think they should be, and what else should be in the closet!

1 comment:

  1. HI Tori! Just found your blog via the Creative Paperclay site and I am in awe! I very much look forward to seeing the progress on the witch's house and will be following you on bloglovin. Can't wait to see what you decide about the bunny slippers :)

    ReplyDelete